Friday, December 4, 2009

Packet for Dec. 4th: Waiting for Kate



We are lucky. We have GREAT neighbors....the Seegmiller Family. Dayton has done many "manly" chores for me (like capturing the tarantula on our porch & building an extension to our flower bed). Sophie is one of my favorite people! She is a KSL, garage sale and thrift store queen and her house is decorated "Oh So CUTE!" She is Olivia's soccer coach and she babysits Ella for me every Thursday when I go into the office. Colton is kind, creative and responsible and was one of my fun cub scouts. He builds great forts. Paige is Olivia's buddy. She is silly and caring and a really good friend. She loves to sing and dance. She has a great soccer kick! Kate is Ella's best friend. She asks to play with Kate every day. Kate is a sweetheart. She is quiet and smiles a lot. She is grateful and is very kind to Ella. I think that Thursday might be Ella's favorite day because she knows she gets to spend most of the day with Kate. Kate (well, Sophie...but in Ella's mind it is Kate) gives Ella all her ultra cute hand-me downs. Ella LOVES Kate. Like I said...We are LUCKY.

One afternoon in September, I was working up in the loft when Ella got really quiet downstairs. I called to her to see what she was doing. She answered, "I'm waiting for Kate!" She was sitting in the chair by the front window watching for Sophie's car to come home so she could see if Kate could play. I kept working, she kept waiting. After a while I went down to check on her. She had fallen asleep in the sunshine...waiting for Kate. The beautiful sight really made my day. After all, a best friend IS definately worth the wait!

(Ella & Kate sharing a jacket on the sidelines of a soccer game. 9/15/09)

1 comment:

KT said...

Those pic's are so cute! I'm so glad you have such great neighbors. I wish you were closer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...