Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thrift Store Joy

I recently found a LOVE IT, GOTTA HAVE IT item in Elsie Flannigan's cute as a bug store Red Velvet Art. It's these absolutely adorable, yummy and fun Vintage Paper Packs! Oh man...they make me happy. I was this close to buying them and splurging my $$ just to hold them in my hand. But, it wasn't payday yet so I held off. Skip ahead a few days to a dreary night spent in a state required divorce class (which was rather depressing..blech)...after which I tried to lift my spirits by popping into a nearby thrift store. To my delight the book shelves were full of vintage book goodness! Wow! And they were all of 69 cents! Buy three and the fourth is FREE! I had such a great time perusing the shelves and picking my favorites.
So, for $20 I got this BIG'OL stack of vintage papers (still in their books) ready to be pulled out and used to "make the world cute" as Elsie would say. And the best part...I can disassemble them and use the covers to make fantastic journals (another project I've been dying to try). This stack is on my kitchen table waiting to be played with and I can't help but smile when I walk by. Once I even hugged the stack they make me so happy! Thanks, Elsie for the inspiriation! (oh...and as a side note, a bunch of these books were published around the time I was born...does that make me Vintage? Hey, if vintage is this cute, I'll take it!)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I love it when I find a deal! Way to shop!

sanpinney said...

That sounds like fun. Will you post pictures of the finished projects??

Elena Loo said...

those are pretty cool ideas! - great finds always lift my spirits too. congrats! I'd love to see your finished products!

Paige Tyler said...

Shan you are cute so I guess that makes you vintage, I love reading your blog it always brings a smile to my face, I miss you like crazy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...